For those of you who are extra health-conscious when it comes to food and grocery, this is for you!
Jo Anne’s Place Health Foods
- Located at 904 Water Street North – (705) 742-6456 and 1260 Lansdowne Street West - (705) 749-9474
- This shop offers grocery selections that are certified organic. They also have speciality items including: wheat-free, gluten-free,dairy-free, vegan, and kosher!
Kelcey’s Nutrition Center
- Located at 65 Hunter Street East – (705) 745-6120
- Grocery aisles of natural and organic foods, including gluten/wheat-free and vegetarian, and even local seasonsal produce options
Hey guys! You into Soccer and want to play in a Mens Recreational League in Peterborough? Read more…
Hey everyone! It’s exam time soon, nooo! Try not to stress out too much, here are some ways on how you can cope with the stress!
- Always think positive!
- Exercise – physical activity is one of the best stress remedies around!
- Take control with time management – do essential tasks and prioritize the others!
- Eat well – wholesome frequent snacks-like peanut butter/cheese and crackers! Read more…
You may find this useful. You can shop for fresh produce and meats at Peterborough’s Farmers Market! It takes place all year at Morrow Park/Building at Geroge & Lansdowne St.
Open every Saturday: 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
Check out their website for more info: www.peterboroughfarmersmarket.com
It happens all the time. You are good friends with a person; you hang out with them all the time, and gradually you realize that you are falling in love with them. What do you do? How do you handle falling in love with a friend? Will it ruin the friendship? These are common questions that everyone must answer. You can’t help falling in love with people. It happens naturally of its own accord. If you were friends first, it just means that the two of you are compatible. But friendships can be hard to come by. So is it worth the risk?
Mind Your Language is a funny show that deals with a English as a Secon Language class and displays the streoreotypes and racisms experienced in school. This class series will educate you, feel relaxed, and have fun! Get rid of your stress! Read more…
For those who have taken OSAP loans, this is a great opportunity for you to learn more about what happens once you graduate and need to repay all these loans :(.
Trent University Financial Aid Office will be hosting two presentations by the National Student Loan Service Centre on:
Friday, March 25th
1st Presentation at 2:00 p.m.
2nd Presentation at 3:00 p.m.
Champlain College – Room 307
The National Student Loan Centre expert will provide valuable money saving tips for all students.
It’s a great chance to ask lots of questions so better attend one of these seminars!!
Now that you’ve entered your information and tailored it to your industry, it’s time to polish your
resume! If University as taught you anything, always check for typos and grammatical errors. Then check again and have a friend proofread it. These types of mistakes are easy to fix, and make a big difference in whether or not an employer will
consider you for a job! Do not use “I” or “me” because the reader already knows the resume is about your
Employers often scan or upload resumes into electronic databases. For this reason, simpler formatting is the better route to take:
- Try to avoid using tables.
- Use spaces instead of tabs to separate sections.
- Avoid italics, underlining and shadowed text.
- On that note, perfumed paper, curlicue fonts, and pretty images are all no-nos. You want your resume to stand out, but not for these reasons. Read more…
There are several types of resumes:
You want to think about your situation and create the best resume for your experience and
desired job. Read more…
Hey guys! We know that Peterborough can sometimes be boring and quiet, but it doesn’t have to be to! We provide you with a list of some of the places and activities that you and your friends can enjoy and have fun!
1. Zap Attack – indoor laser tag arena – www.zapattack.ca – 822 Rye St. – (705) 760-9998
2. Cineplex Theatres – www.cineplex.com – 320 Water St. – (705) 749-2000
3. Riverview Park and Zoo – http://www.peterboroughutilities.ca/Park_and_Zoo.htm – 1230 Water St. – (705) 748-9300
4. Milltown Mini Golf Family Fun Center – small amusement park – www.milltownminigolf.com – 933 Lansdowne St. W – (705) 743-7789
5. Lakeview Bowl – bowling arena – www.lakeviewbowl.net – 109 George St. North Market Plaza - (705) 743-4461